At Physique Swimming, our instructors are highly experienced, enthusiastic, supportive, and innovative. Our instructors come from diverse backgrounds, and are each deeply dedicated to helping our students achieve their goals as swimmers. The founder of Physique Swimming earned his Masters degree in Physical Education, and has over 25 years experience as a swim instructor and coach of competitive swimming. All Physique Swimming instructors are Red Cross certified for WSI, Lifeguarding, First Aid, and CPR.
We our proud of our Physique Swimming students for their many accomplishments, and believe in honoring these accomplishments accordingly. Upon completion of a swim level, each student receives a certificate of achievement; they then have it as a constant reminder of what they have achieved, and what they are capable of achieving in the future. Learning to swim takes time, practice, and patience, but the rewards are tremendous. We encourage our students, always, to keep trying, and to never give up; it is the surest way to achieving one’s goal.
All sales are final at the time of purchase. Refunds are not offered on missed, unused or cancelled classes. Please ensure that you are booked into a class that fits your schedule.
In the event of facility closures or extenuating circumstances our team will work with you to find an amicable solution.
MAKE UP CLASS POLICY:
Make up classes are offered in the event you miss your regularly scheduled class. To schedule a make up class please call (212)-725-0939 or email email@example.com.
Make up classes must be scheduled within the current semester and are not eligible for refund, rollover or credit towards a future session. Any make up classes not used within the current semester are forfeited. Make up classes are subject to instructor availability, and may be with a substitute instructor.
Parents, please try to talk about swimming as much as you can in your family. Let your child know you are proud of every task he or she attempts. Give them encouragement, and be understanding. Be patient and we’ll keep trying. Swimming is the hardest thing to learn. Give help, love, and praise.
Discuss with your child that repetition is important, when you learn something. Encourage your child to do as many repetitions as he/she can during the lesson.
Practice Makes Perfect…
- Don’t overset your Goals for your child. It is better to reset them from time to time in order to be more realistic for both you and your child. Never show disappointment or scold for something not done to your expectations.
- CRYING. There are different degrees and a certain amount is certainly expected and will be there from time to time. Don’t get upset. A little is OK.
- Don’t compare children! Let them progress at a pace that is right for them. They all have different temperaments and personalities.
- A young swimmer’s goal should be to tread water for two to three minutes and able to swim 300 yards.
Please have your child on the deck and on the place of instructions five minutes before class is ready to start. This gives us a chance to start on time.
Children should try to avoid eating an hour before class.
- No running on swimming pool deck.
- No chewing gum while swimming.
- Take shower and use a bathroom before entering the pool.
Take control of Young Swimmer Daily Exercise Routine. It will help your child learn easier in the water.
- Do not allow your child to get into the pool prior to the order of the instructor. Maintain your child in a learning mode not a playing mode.
- Remember to praise your child for their accomplishments after each class *children can never get enough encouragement!
- If there is more than one child in the class please do not compare their progress. Children learn at different paces but they ALL learn!
- Physique Swim School wants each child to learn how to swim, but the most important thing is to have fun while learning!
- Understand the course before signing up
- If you don’t like the approach – discuss your concern with the supervisor
- Have trust in the instructor
- Regard the water as part of the natural environment
- Understand the course before signing up
- Stay in control – remain positive
- Prepare child for lesson by building up excitement
- The most important thing is to relax and have fun!
Physique Swim School is constantly looking to recruit new and skilled instructors. Being an instructor with Physique is a wonderful opportunity to work closely with children and earn some extra money. We offer competitive salaries!
All instructors must work well with children and adults as well as possess strong communication skills. To become an instructor you must be certified in WSI (Water Safety Instructor), CPR, First Aid and Lifeguarding. You are also required to maintain current certifications at all times. We constantly train our instructors to promote high quality lessons by giving them advance knowledge and prominent lesson skills.
If you enjoy working with swimmers and are interested in a job opportunity with Physique Swim School Contact Us.